May 1, 2010

Daniella



Today I asked my sister if she wanted to dress up and take pictures. Because I did not want to do another self portrait for my stupid 365 project :P She asked what kind of dressing up, so I said Faux Hawk and Josh Dies style make up. She was thrilled.


Now, me and my sisters hair holds NOTHING. It took SO much hair product to get the faux hawk to work. First we tried the gel she normally styles her hair with, no dice. Dads extra hold hairspray. Nadda. Even stronger hair spray, failure. The front stuck up, like a rhino. We didn't want no rhino. We tried to blow dry the products all together but nooooo. Then I remembered about this supreme goop I have by Beyond The Zone called Demented. It is super duper thick, sticky, gloppy goo that cements your hands together. And it worked! I'm not sure if it was a mixture of everything, or just the Demented product itself, who knows. My fingers were stuck together when I was done though and I had to wash them 3 times to get it all off.


The Dies styled makeup was fairly easy to do, put a bit of water on your hand, wet the brush on the water, get color pigment next and smear it on the eye. Getting it wet I find adds to the boldness of the color, and makes it stay on better. Oh look at me, a make up tutorial! bwaha. We were wondering though how long it takes him to do his make up like that every night before the shows, and if he's gotten super fast at it now that it's been awhile. (In case you don't know Josh Dies is the lead singer for my favorite band Showbread.)



We had to walk to our location, which made it hard when Daniella said she did not want to take pictures in the desert, because well, our neighborhood is surrounded by desert and the only places we're allowed to walk to is desert. So I decided we'd utilize the chainlink fence holding a lot of construction equipment, cactus's and other weird plants that the developers fenced off. The power line poles and a big building in the desert also stood for our locations. Not desert scenery, right???



You could see everywhere we were from a fairly busy road, and I asked if she was embarrassed at all, because well I could see her getting embarrassed by that much make up. She said she wasn't though. She didn't care because she thought it was awesome. But then one car drove by and she popped up out of her awesome pose and was like "IT"S STUART!" and she got all embarrassed because it was someone we actually know. haha. it was cute. In case you don't know, Stuart is our neighbor/good friend of ours.





Anyways, I am pretty happy with the results, especially these next two pictures. They're more in the lines of Fashion Photography which I am REALLY wanting to get into. They'll be awesome in my portfolio for that. Well, it's a start at least (: there's A TON more to learn and work on. But there ALWAYS is.




This weekend will be AMAZING. Gah, I am so excited. Tommy and I always come up with the BEST weekends ever. Ahhhhhh haha. Photo adventure tomorrow/mini movie marathon and then Sunday is a HUGE movie marathon. Get the soda and popcorn ready!

I have about 3 really fun shoots planned for May. I hope I can do more then that though!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment