Apr 2, 2010



Marching along, like a good soldier does.
I'm setting sail with anchors holding me down.
Pack up my bags and stow them away.
Bidding farewell to all that is safe.





Will I Come Up For Air, Come Up For Air.
After A while The Current is Calling Me,
lulling Me Waving Goodbye.
I’m Out Here Alone, Oh God Can You Save Me Now?
Sinking My Heart Turns To Stone.




Withering Away, Her Shrinking Violet Dies.
So Full Of Life, These Lights Have Dried Me Out.
Into The Sea, I Needed A Drink.
I Never Thought This Would Consume Me Whole.





Save Me Take Me Home,
When I Come Up For Air,
Wishing that all this would end.



This whole shoot was inspired by this song. It is by a band called Atreyu. Easily one of the prettiest songs I have ever heard. The words above are from the song. I just heard the song, and the first verse and this idea completely flooded into my head. I found the dress for 7$ when we were in California from some sort of Forever 21 kind of place, and I knew it would be the perfect dress for the shoot, and the perfect price. score. Only thing is, it was super short on Valerie cause she's super tall. haha. She was such a trooper to go into that water, the temperature outside was in the 70's, so yeah. She was in there for forty minutes, and when she got out her legs looked like that had a horrible sunburn they were that cold. And she couldn't feel them either. :)
She wasn't the only trooper, her friend Tori came with us and she was in the water for a very long time as well. We had a bottle that was supposed to be like a message in a bottle but it looked more like a booze bottle and we ditched it. But Tori would stand a few feet away from Valerie and she'd float the bottle downstream to Val who would throw it back. It was very effective.
I stood in the water occasionally for a shot or two, but only up to mid calf. It was FREEZING!!!!

We did a shoot on land first, in this really pretty green part where I did Alex's senior pictures, I'll probably post those later.

Tomorrow I am shooting my friend Lysandra and her boyfriend, JP. I am very excited. I haven't seen Lysandra in over a year now. The shoot will be extremely fun because she is an amazingly gifted dancer and we want to incorporate that into some of the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment